- What Do You Need To Do To Freelance?
- Do You Need a Degree To Freelance?
- How Can I Become a Freelancer With No Experience?
- How Much Do Freelancers Earn?
- What Are The Benefits of Freelancing?
- 1. You Get To Be Your Own Boss
- 2. There Will Be No More Doing The Same Thing Every Day
- 3. No Income Limits
- 4. Permanently Work From Home
- 5. Opportunity To Work With Clients Worldwide
- 6. A Dream Lifestyle
- Why Do People Fail In Freelancing?
- Which Is The Best Freelancing Website?
Freelancing has increased in popularity over the years.
In fact, Statista predicts that 86.5 million people will be freelancing in the United States in 2027.
Not only that, but researchers at Harvard Business School found that 90% of businesses surveyed see themselves shifting their model to a mix of full-time and freelance employees.
Now, more than ever is the time to begin your freelancing career in order to capitalize on these future statistics.
But what does it take to become a freelancer? Let’s take a close look.
What Do You Need To Do To Freelance?
The beauty of freelancing marketplaces is that they enable you to work from home.
However, if you have never worked remotely before, you will need to set up a space where you can do your work without interruptions.
Here are some fundamental things you need to do to freelance:
- Check that your internet connection is adequate for what you need to achieve
- Purchase a comfortable chair, a sturdy desk, and a fully functional computer. As you earn more money, you will be able to upgrade
- If you want to do freelancing full-time, you should hire a skilled tax advisor. Doing so will allow you to focus on your work without having to worry about tracking your income and expenses
- Before quitting your job to pursue freelancing full-time, make sure you have enough money saved up
Do You Need a Degree To Freelance?
No, you don’t need a degree to become a freelancer. All you need is a willingness to learn new skills and improve existing ones, as well as the motivation and courage to take the necessary steps to transition into freelancing.
Furthermore, you must be willing to stand out.
How Can I Become a Freelancer With No Experience?
If you have a marketable skill but have never offered it as a freelancer, you can easily find opportunities by doing one or more of the following:
- Build your own traffic-generating website where customers can find you via a simple Google search
- Look for the best freelancing marketplaces and create an account
- Reach out to companies you would like to work with
- Network with people within your industry
- Use social media to showcase your skills
However, if you don’t already possess a skill that is in high demand, there are thousands of free resources available online to help you learn.
Once you’ve mastered the skill, put what you’ve learned into practice by creating your own portfolio.
For example, if you have recently learned copywriting, you could set up a dedicated folder in Google Drive and create samples to show to potential clients.
How Much Do Freelancers Earn?
When freelancing, the sky’s the limit, and you can set your own rates based on your level of experience.
As a beginner writer, for example, you could start at $10/hour and gradually increase your rate as you grow professionally.
Some writers even make $70-100/hour!
The problem with most freelancing marketplaces is that there is competition on who is the cheapest freelancer.
That is why vettted.com is the go-to for those who wish to prioritize quality above everything else.
What Are The Benefits of Freelancing?
Freelancing has numerous benefits:
1. You Get To Be Your Own Boss
As a freelancer, you get to be your own boss and work only with clients who are a good fit for you.
You are free to collaborate with people who see you as a business partner rather than just another employee.
2. There Will Be No More Doing The Same Thing Every Day
Not everyone is wired to do the same thing every day.
Some people simply want to change things up and work on different projects simultaneously.
Freelancers can choose which projects to work on and when to work on them, as well as how many clients to work for and how many hours to devote each week.
As a freelancer, you have the opportunity to provide a variety of services, which means that one day you might be able to let your creative juices flow as a writer, and the next you might be video editing.
3. No Income Limits
When you work as an employee, you can only earn what your employer offers.
It’s your employer who dictates your worth.
Besides, asking for a raise is never easy, and even when you do succeed, you usually only get a small percentage.
Freelancers get to enjoy no income limits and can choose to give themselves a raise by simply working more hours, charging more, or building a team who can help with taking on additional clients.
4. Permanently Work From Home
Not everyone loves being stuck in an office, and that is ok.
Because freelancing allows you to have your own setup at home or even on the beach.
You get to have the best of both worlds: you can make money while enjoying the freedom that working remotely provides.
5. Opportunity To Work With Clients Worldwide
Working from home frees you from the constraints of only working with local businesses.
In fact, you can virtually collaborate with anyone in the world.
As a result, you will be able to work only for the best clients while also learning about different cultures and lifestyles.
Experiencing the global workforce becomes easier than ever!
6. A Dream Lifestyle
If you’re tired of your 9-5 routine, being stuck in traffic, and living in a place where you don’t feel like you belong, working as a freelancer can help you change all of that.
You will be able to work when you want, have lazy mornings, and work when you feel most productive.
All you have to do is make sure your work is completed on time.
Why Do People Fail In Freelancing?
Freelancing is not for everyone, but sometimes freelancers fail for simple reasons, such as:
- Failing to set a reasonable rate
- Setting unrealistic deadlines
- Not presenting their offer in a unique way (Everyone should learn copywriting)
- Lack of discipline
Which Is The Best Freelancing Website?
There are several freelancing websites available.
Popular ones include Upwork and Fiverr, as well as PeoplePerHour and Freelancer.
Now that you know what it takes to become a freelancer, it is time to take action!
Once you get a taste of flexible working hours and choose who to work with, you will never want to go back.